Translate

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cockscomb's Magnificent Color





















The farmer's market in Lake Bluff is especially bountiful in the fall. Not only are there lots of vegetables, apples, peaches, and the usual baked goods, but the sunflowers and cockscomb are gorgeous. The cockscomb flower is like a velvet pillow and such a luxurious color. We are having an event in the store next week, so I am hoping that they last until then! If they don't, oh well. --- I love them on my kitchen island and in the sitting area, where I enjoy breakfast every morning. The cockscomb color of jeweled deep red is awesome with the garnet vintage pillows, and is a great contrast to the leopard slipper chairs. I'll just have to go the Highland Park farmers market on Wednesday morning and get more for the store!

No comments: