Translate

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sweet Cinnamon Biscuits and Apple Caramel Preserves








I just found a new treat at Fresh Market last week - Callie's Cinnamon Biscuits - in the frozen section.
Finally I had time to try them this morning and they are a little divine bite of deliciousness!  Petite little biscuits are filled with a cinnamon filling and the tops are dusted with cinnamon. These fluffy flaky little morsels are simply warmed in aluminum foil in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes and then promptly devoured.  I served them with Rare Bird  Apple Caramel Preserves  which I found at a local farmer's market. However you can purchase it on-line and I highly recommend it  ( one of my friend's also thought she saw it at Whole Foods) . Big pieces of crisp apple float in this divine caramel sauce and it is awesome on hot biscuits.  I think I will try it on warm brie and a baguette slice for a great fall appetizer. Pared with a couple of applewood smoked bacon slices,  both of these products are great treats for a lazy fall Sunday brunch.

2 comments:

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

These look scrumptious... and I bet the smell so so good! YUMMY!

Katha said...

They look pretty divine. Now I know what to do with my Apple Caramel Preserves. Thanks!