Translate

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas at the Schweppe Mansion

view from reception hall to library

large view of living room

bar in reception hall with "roll up' panels to indicate when the bar is open!




incredible carving in the library

large round table in reception hall filled with Romancing the Home Entertains books



grand fireplaces in every room

Our signature angel is going home to George and Betty's for Christmas1

so elegant and pretty

view from the morning room conservatory

View from the morning conservatory to the back of the residence.

dining room table

reception hall buffet

my favorite - the breakfast conservatory

jeweled fruit in the bed of rose petals on the breakfast table



Our incredible jeweled eggs on consignment from an artist in Michigan

 Is this a gorgeous room or not?
A token to this exquisite home - an architectural crown jewel of Chicago

Prince Charming's dining room table
one of the favorite parts of the tour - Penny's table in the kitchen!

Julie's idea-  use a book as a menu. We mod podged the book with plaid paper and then glued the menu on the cover;
Love the tartan stenciled sheep on the picture.
I am so exhausted, been going on fumes for a few days now. .. Just got home from taking the elves out to dinner.  What a fabulous job they did on the Schweppe Mansion.  Sorry these  pictures are not in a revelent order, but I am too tired to take the time to sort them and  to write a good story. But the pictures tell a lot! . I leave very early in the morning for a short trip with my girl friends to seek new retail inspirations. I will  let you know what  I find in a couple of days!  Meanwhile, thanks so much to the many people that follow my blog and came to the Holiday Walk today.   I especially enjoyed talking to you .It's rewarding to know that someone is really reading this crazy blog and actually made plans to come see this incredible residence- hope you all enjoyed it!  Thank you so much! And to my 6 little elves- you guys rock!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I was so sorry to have missed it in person (oh how work gets in the way of the fun!) but the pictures are beautiful! Your hardwork was VERY apparent!! Happy Holidays!!

Anonymous said...

I'm still in awe of what I saw at The Mansion yesterday.
You and your team did a fabulous job decorating, and the house was incredible. A house walk I soon won't forget.
Roz M

Christy said...

Magnificent! Everything was simply gorgeous!
Christy