Translate

Monday, December 31, 2012

Last Day of 2012- A Day to Reflect




 
I found this Red Velvet cocoa mix at World Market during the holidays.  I have been thinking about it - wondering if it would be a gorgeous red hot cocoa! This morning- the last day of the year- I finally got time to try it- and no- it -is- not- red.  But very delicious anyway! I just feel lucky that I have time this morning to savor it's aroma because in a few minutes I have to go to work.  With bittersweet feelings,  I am on my way in to the store.  As most of you know, we are closing the store in about 6 weeks. It's time to change gears and do something with a little more freedom. But more to come on that exciting subject later.  Today I just am thankful that I live in a country where I can make the choices about my life.  With that thought in mind, this video really puts things in perspective.
 
 
it's called "Lightning in a Jar"
 
Happy New Year Everyone!

9 comments:

Amber ~ The French Pressed Home said...

Happy New Year! Don't be saddened by the closing of your store. Sometimes closing a door brings such beautiful opportunities. It initially hurts but having that experience (of having the store) will serve you well in your next adventure. There is never failure. It's always a lesson to which I like to say... a skill that we learned to be better at something else.
xo, Amber

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Susan, What a great and thoughtful video. I am truly blessed!!! Happy New Year!

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Wishing you health, happiness and living your dream in the New Year!

Jody

Anonymous said...

Oh No your closing your store and I never made it to Chicago to see it. I just found your blog this past summer. I do hope you will continue to blog. You have been such an insperation to me and I look forward to each new post. Romancing the Home is one of the first things I check each day. Best of luck on your new adventure.

Christy said...

Happy new year! I am fortunate to have you as my friend and it's all due to Romancing the Home. Blessings and love
Christy

Sopa Azul said...

Happy New Year to you and yours!!! ;o)

Laurell Banner said...

When when one door closes another opens. Opportunity, a possibility due to favorable combination of circumstances.
This is how I few the closing of the store.
It has been a honor and pleasure working for such a wonderful and talented woman all these years.
The best to you and your family in the new year.
Take that lighting jar and run with it.
Love ya,Laurell

MT said...

WHAT A TREASURE YOU AND ALL THE " RTH " LADIES ARE IN MY LIFE!!! REMEMBER ...THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!
xo
Mariterese

The enchanted home said...

Yum!! Your beautiful pictures do justice to the art of enjoying a cup of tea! Best of luck in your future endeavors....happy 2013!