Translate

Friday, January 4, 2013

Dishing It Out!



I finally have a day that I can just spend at home cleaning up from the Holidays.  So I am organizing and putting away all the china and silver that has just been sitting on the dining room table.  And as I gaze lovingly  at the enormous pile, I know I am a "dishaholic".  Completely incapable of passing up a gorgeous plate, I still amaze myself with my ability to find space for them!  I love to mix and match and find new combinations that work together.  It is a silly waste of time, but I loooooovvvveee it!

A mixture of gold, pink and white china - mis matched little beauties perfect for Cinderella's breakfast table.

Lovely soft pinks on white porcelain - it just makes me smile

Little magical touches for the Holdiay tables need to be tucked away too! But wait, Valentines is just around the corner.
Maybe it can stay out until then??

Pink marshmallows dusted with coconut flakes seem perfect for this setting.

Just look at the detail found on china painting- exquisite
ready to join the other pink china in the dish pantry that didn't get chosen for the season's festivities
enter the dish pantry - a simple closet with all old door entry.
love this old door.
There is even an oil  painting of dishes in the dish pantry!



Gold floral dessert plates ready to be put away until next time.


 
 
stacks of plates - definitely a  sick sick sickness.
 


 



 
Then there's the large cabinet in the dining room-


Try to keep my old Paris porcelain, white and gold out here!

 
Stacks of Meissen plates- so intricate and pretty
 
 
Then there's the butlers pantry, where the everyday dishes get stacked.
Right out of the dishwasher below and on to those shelves.
 
 
little vintage transfer ware cups and old potted meat ironstone containers - perfect for daily sauces and spreads


 
 
Love these pewter glasses for ice water

 
 
Love love love transferware and ironstone
 
 
Need to gather these up from the kitchen counter and put them away too.
But I love looking at them!  Jill got me started on this tartan thing!
 

 
And I love to decorate with them too!  A series of serving platters in the guest room.
 
 
 
 
 
Yes I do love my dishes!  And I am not even going to show you the china stored  in the hobby room and laundry room.
Plus there's two large consoles in the dining room full of my little pretties. It's a certifiable sickness with no cure in sight!
 
 
 
 
 
 












 








10 comments:

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Susan, You have a gorgeous collection of dishes! I have the same "sickness" , but I do believe that your collection surpasses mine... I'll just have to keep collecting. Just beautiful photos, as usual...

Sarah said...

I suffer the same. Isn't it the best disease to have acquired? It's a treat to get a peek at all your beautiful things. Love the stack of tartan and the great serving pieces with the horn handles......two of my favorite things. ~ Sarah

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

I just found your blog, and I'm in love. I'm your newest follower, and I'll tell you why: because your creations are beautiful, but more importantly because we not only suffer from the same sickness, but because you actually LOVE your dishes--the intricacies, the detail, the feel (is there a better feel than Spode's?)...kindred spirits. :) I hope you'll stop by mine nest too. ~Zuni

Christy said...

Loved this post.....it's not a sickness, it's your passion! Your collection is so gorgeous!
Christy

The enchanted home said...

Drooling over here!! You have certainly spoken my language here...dishes, silver, its all sooo stunning and like you I can never have enough! Love those Meissen plates. Everything is simply exquisite! Thanks for the peek into your beautiful china closet:)

Kristen Rettig said...

I love your plate storage and what a gorgeous collection! I just did a big reorganization and it was so much fun. I know you and your readers understand!

JeanneMara said...

It isn't a waste of time at all. It is what gives you pleasure and comfort.

Vicci @theplaidbasket said...

BEAUTIFUL dishes! Would love to know the brands/source of the Tartan stack.

Vicci @theplaidbasket said...

BEAUTIFUL! Would love to know brand/source of the tartan stack.

Unknown said...

Hi I found this beautiful Crown picture via pinterest. Is your crown on pillow image for sale to use in crafts?? thought I would ask...it is stunning!
reach me at no108bellavista@gmail.com
thanks susanne