Translate

Monday, July 20, 2015

The Old Edwards Inn and Spa

I am just returning from the Carolina's.   My friend Jill and I had meetings with our architects for a couple of days and had the pleasure of staying at this fabulous old inn in Highlands, NC.


 
 
The Old Edwards Inn and Spa     Highlands, North Carolina


 
Our rooms shared a very private balcony, overlooking the main street.
 
 
The grounds were lush and green.

 
A distinctive  European feeling in the hotel and village shops.


 
Old slate and stone buildings.







Inside the inn, the atmosphere resembled a English country manor .










 
The hotel's restaurant - the Madison-  served us a divine meal.


Goat cheese fritters on a bed of mixed greens with a strawberry rhubarb gelee and dressing.
 

 
The little cubes of the rhubarb gelatin were garnished with black sea salt- a wonderful
combination.


Soup of the day garnished with micro greens and candied bacon.

 
Blueberry cobbler garnished with a sprig of lavender.
 
 
 
A medley of paper thin radishes are showcased on this beautiful salad.
 
 
A Champagne infused orange dessert
 

Cozy dining alcoves.



Coffee and tea service set out in the morning for the hotel guests.
 

 
And  a freezer full of dove bars for midnight cravings.


 
There was plenty of shopping in the town to keep us busy.  Across the street, a charming
florist shop caught our attention.
 
The Old Edwards Inn has a beautiful spa. 
 


 
And after that massage- enjoy a libation in one of the comfy chaise lounges.
 

 
 
This is a wonderful getaway spot.  The inn's staff was charming, the accommodations were
delightful and the food was sensational. This was one of the best dinners that I have ever experienced in a restaurant.    I highly recommend spending a couple of days in this charming inn in Highlands, NC.   It is an easy drive from Asheville. I will be back soon!
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

Splenderosa said...

Susan, I so envy you guys this visit to the Carolina mountains, and the splendid weather you must have enjoyed. It is SO HOT in Houston I feel like we will soon spontaneously combust as we walk out to our cars. Just hideous !!! Those hostas make me long for my shaded garden under all the oak trees. Totally wonderful! Great post. xx's

Splenderosa said...

Susan, I so envy you guys this visit to the Carolina mountains, and the splendid weather you must have enjoyed. It is SO HOT in Houston I feel like we will soon spontaneously combust as we walk out to our cars. Just hideous !!! Those hostas make me long for my shaded garden under all the oak trees. Totally wonderful! Great post. xx's

Laurell Banner said...

What a stunning hotel. The food looks amazing. Such a presentation.
Looks very European with the gardens and rooftops. Will have to check this one out someday.

Katha said...

How beautiful! Once again your photograpy brings it all to life. The Inn looks so peaceful and I think I could live on that blueberry cobbler!
Hope you both had successful and pleasing meetings with your architects!

Ron said...

I love to stay at the Old Edwards Inn. I love the shop, Acorns too! Did you go there????

frenchbourne said...

What a beautiful place, it does look like you traveled afar. I'm sure it was just what you and Jill needed after the past two whirlwind months. Its on my go to list now! That meal looks like it came out of fairytale farm...everything looked delicious and what a gorgeous salad! Thanks for sharing.

Sugar et al. said...

This is like a dream getaway. So beautiful! I could live in a balcony like that forever. Your photos are lovely!