Translate

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Valentine's Romance

Sitting here in a rental house can be quite boring for a gal that loves domestic chores  around the house.  Our move to North Carolina has been delayed a couple of weeks due to my husband's job and I am missing my old  craft room.  Gray Chicago winter skies can be depressing, so I am desperate for a creative project and decided to create some gifts for Valentine's Day.  Scouring stores for cute Valentine inspired merchandise was a real challenge this year.  However, I must say that Target had the best selection of things to choose from in my area.  I found these adorable Frog Prince candy tins and Chocolate Frogs that were adorable.




  After searching every party store and paper store in  the county, I could not find  a sheet of red crepe paper anywhere.  So I turned to Amazon and there it was- delivered in 2 days to my door.  Amazon also had many rose inspired products, including a rosewater face spray, rose hand lotion and a Strawberry Face mask that were perfect for filling the cones.


Gold lace ribbon and rhinestone embellishments were found at Hobby Lobby.
 
The glittery red tulle ribbon was also at Hobby Lobby.

 
Red beaded hearts were at Pier One and the rhinestone  embellishments were at Michaels.

 
Isn't this little frog adorable for your favorite Valentine Frog Prince?

 
The fabulous mirrored ice bucket was on the markdown rack at Pier One for $7.44!!!.
A real find!



Target had Peeps in Cherry and Strawberry flavors for Valentines.  I made the little nests
from Chinese Chow Mein noodles and melted Hershey's chocolate chips.  Remember that old recipe from high school days?  
 
These little birdies got placed in cello and mailed to my grandchildren.

 
 
A heavy French copper tin lined pot- found at Home Goods on the sale shelves for $18!- filled with
red and white napkins, red silicone spoon and a red bench scraper! 
The perfect Valentine gift for a
friend who loves to cook!
 
 
Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays! Gifts are not expected, so it's fun to surprise loved ones with treats.
 
 

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love it when I see a new post from you pop up on my sidebar. ;-)
I've been laying low with a nasty virus, but have wanted to get to Pier I and World Market before all the fun things for valentine's are gone. You found some cute things. I gave those darling chocolate frogs a few years ago. They were the perfect table gift for a dinner party. I like the way you've styled it with the champagne, etc. Great idea to add the embellishments to the red hearts.
Your grands are going to like those cute gift packages. Happy Valentine's Day!

Christy said...

No holiday goes by without your creative ideas and passion!! Happy Valentine's Day!

Laurell Banner said...

So creative. Love the cones. You have been busy searching. You have found some great gift ideas. Love the frog.
Will have to hit target for the kids.
Great copper pot idea. She will love it.

Katha said...

All so cute and creative!!! Great ideas for the lesser minded. Happy Valentines Day!